Sunshine Artist Forum
The Sunshine Artist Forum is open to everyone - subscribers and non-subscribers. You do not need to log in to view messages. However, you must LOG IN TO POST. To log in, you must first register by creating a username and password. This is NOT the same username and password that you created to access the subscriber areas of the main portion of www.sunshineartist.com.
The only category that is restricted to subscribers is the "Advertise your Supplies" category. Everyone may view messages in that category, but only subscribers may post. To post in that category, please log in with your forum username and password, and also include your subscription i.d. number and your last name at the bottom of the post. (For privacy reasons, that information will be deleted before your post is approved.)
Forum RulesThe forum is a moderated discussion area where participants can discuss topics covering art and crafts business, exhibiting at shows and other related material. It is our intention to provide a safe, congenial place for SA's audience to share and communicate with each other. All forum posts must comply with the following rules:
- Be polite. If you wouldn't say it in a room with school-age children present, you probably shouldn't say it here. That means no profanity, no SHOUTING, no name-calling. It's always a good idea that if you read a message that makes you angry, you should wait a few hours before posting a reply.
- If you wish to report a problem or take issue with someone else's comments, stick to facts as much as possible, and let the other readers draw their own conclusions. Example: It's OK to say "I express-mailed a check to company X on Oct. 16 to pay for their product to be rush-shipped to me by the 25th. According to the delivery service, they signed for receipt of the check on the 17th. I called on the 20th to confirm that they were shipping and was told that everything was on time. I called again on the 24th, and they said the shipment was in transit. The product never arrived, they cashed my check, and now I can't get anyone to talk to me on the phone." It's NOT OK to say: "Company X and all its employees are slimy, sleaze-ball liars."
- Stay on topic. These forums are limited to art/crafts topics, particularly those concerning show exhibitors. Please try to post messages in the appropriate forum category. The Chat area is for things which would be off-topic in the other areas, such as gentle ribbing, arranging to meet for dinner after a show, weather reports and so on.
- No cross-posting. This means that you cannot post multiple copies of the same message in more than one forum area. Choose the single area that best fits your message, and leave it at that.
- No political discussions.
- No advertisements, except in the “Advertise your Supplies” category.
Publisher, Sunshine Artist